Geek Beacon Streaming

Hello everybody so we’re very interested in getting streaming going for this community and was wondering what you would all like to see? Right now there are about 3 main streaming Platforms: Twitch, YouTube/YouTube Gaming and Mixer. Twitch is the strongest of these 3 due to the high amount of traffic and with Amazon running the backend of the servers it’s very stable. So what I’m wondering is how we can really boost streaming when it comes to Geek Beacon and here are some questions I’m hoping you can answer for us.

Community:

• What games do you want to see?
  • What days/times are the best for you to watch?
  • Would you like some streaming events?
  • What platform do you use the most to watch gamers?

Streamers:

• What platform do you use to stream to?
  • What software do you use now? Are you looking for an alternative?
  • Do you have Graphics/Overlays?
  • What kind of support would you like from Geek Beacon?

I think this is a great way to get the conversation started and I look forward to hearing from you as we can help support our community by watching our members as they game and join in with them.

P.S. If you do stream on Twich in your Dashboard area where it says “Community” type in geekbeacon and click join so when you stream your channel will show up on the Geek Beacon Stream Page Twitch

Also we have now added “Streamers” in Discord so if you do stream please go there and chat, share your channel and ask questions or help other streamers with some advice/help.

3 Likes

I’d say make sure you upload the VODs to YouTube. Not only will it mean that people can watch the stream whenever they want, but it will get more publicity that way. :grin:

What platform do you use to stream to?
Twitch, see here :relaxed:

What software do you use now? Are you looking for an alternative?
I used Gameshow, it looked pretty but was proprietary and buggy. OBS has some great potential and I’d love to do some courses with our community so I can learn more!

Do you have Graphics/Overlays?
I do, but I haven’t implemented them yet… I’d love to know what the best layouts are and where everyone finds their assets!

What kind of support would you like from Geek Beacon?
Cross Promo and gaming buddies would be great

Would a Streamer Tag in Discord be something you’d like to have?
Most definitely, let’s make it happen

:metal:

2 Likes

I forgot to add my own answers haha

What platform do you use to stream to? - Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/seekaplayer/
What software do you use now? Are you looking for an alternative? - OBS This seems to work the best for right now.
Do you have Graphics/Overlays? - I used to but I play so many different games it’s just hard to have so many Overlays.
What kind of support would you like from Geek Beacon? Stream Promotion and stream support. Let’s help build up everybody’s streaming channel.
Would a Streamer Tag in Discord be something you’d like to have? - Yes I think that would be awesome.

What platform do you use to stream to?

Any I don’t mind doing either or what ever is easiest

What software do you use now? Are you looking for an alternative?
OBS FTW!

Do you have Graphics/Overlays?
Yes and I can easily make one to my liking for the job :wink:

What kind of support would you like from Geek Beacon?
Love to promote and combine my work with Geek beacon as one big set of community driven projects like Gamer World for example and gaming I am willing to play what ever with you as long as it’s on Linux “No Tux no bux” and maybe I could start streaming

Would a Streamer Tag in Discord be something you’d like to have?

Sure!

This has officially happened, please tag yourself in our Discord with +streamer! :gb_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet thanks! :smiley:

Gaming saddens me because of the time I used to spend. I was quite the psycho about (Don’t laugh) some version of Sim City and wrote the company a fan letter. They responded by mailing me a box of stuff. Posters, a Mayors Hat just great except I factored in the time spent playing my unwashed cloths, the lousy food I was eating and the fact that I was drinking Sundrop Sodas all day everyday… So I just threw all of it (and the game) into the trash. I played with my cat and took my Dogs for a walk… The bright light thing in the sky hurt my eyes a little but wow… Amazing that I actually lived in this cool version of Sim City. I still drink a lot of Sundrop Soda but the pets time, clean pants and underwear and having contact with the non simulated peoplewas a good choice. No one should be at death’s door moaning “I wish I had spent more of my life on gaming and reached level 6 in Machine gun clown car 3” wait… that would be a pretty good name for a game. Who arming clowns with machine guns? Circus of Killer Clowns! ack ack Must take meds… Ahhhhh ok… I’m ok…

1 Like