Another new Sci-Fi show - The Orville

There’s a Topic on Star Trek: Discovery, so there should probably be one on The Orville…

It’s a show that makes no apologies for being a Star Trek clone. If you can get past the slightly cheesy appearance, and make it to the 3rd episode I feel like it really sets itself apart from Discovery.

From the 3rd episode onwards the show deals with some pretty heavy topics and doesn’t always give you a happy ending, although I’m not sure I like that, what do you guys think?

1 Like

been involved in a book series called The Frontiers Saga by Ryk Brown. I’m nearing the end of the first run and will likely take in a television series next to decompress from accidentally starting a book series of more than 17 books when I thought it was only one when I started.

http://www.frontierssaga.com/episodes/

2 Likes

I really like it! (I like it more than Discovery, but that’s neither here nor there.) It’s pretty good short-story SF, of a kind that’s gone out of fashion in favour of grander story arcs, and that I hadn’t realised that I miss. That being said, I think the gaffs and gags can be a little over the top at times. A fan-edit that removes them would be nice! :wink:

I enjoyed the Orville waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than DS9, or Discovery. I can’t wait until the second season!!

If anyone’s interested in a TV night, I can stream it from my rift!

1 Like

I totally enjoyed The Orville so far, waiting to see if they actually do make another season as the rumor-mill seems to be stating. =)

I really hope they do. I enjoy it watching.

• "The quantum potentiality is open. Many sets of future events are possible."

Season 4 is a possible future season of The Orville. While Hulu has not renewed The Orville for a fourth season, executive producer David A. Goodman confirmed the producers have fashioned Season 3’s story to leave open its possibility

Source: The Orville/Season 4 | The Orville Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

I created a Category under Entertainment. TV and Movies. Moved this thread there. Feel free to use it for similar topics.

1 Like